The Personal Data Protection Act 2010
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 was introduced by the Government to regulate the processing of personal data in commercial transactions. The Act, which applies to all companies and firms that are established in Malaysia, requires us to inform you of your rights in respect of your personal data that is being processed or that is to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. The Act also requires us to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal data. PTLM Ventures Sdn Bhd (“PTLM”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal data and your privacy.
This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) explains how we collect and handle your personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). Please note that PTLM may amend this Notice at any time without prior notice and will notify you of any such amendment via our website or by email.
1. Personal Data
1.1. Type of personal data
Personal data means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to PTLM for the purposes stated in Section (2) below.
The Personal data that we collect includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Identity card number;
- Passport number;
- Telephone and mobile number;
- Email address
- Correspondence address; and
- Your preferences for particular types of properties or services;
- Job title
1.2. Source of personal data
PTLM collects your personal data directly from you or indirectly from third parties, website or public sources (including searches carried out or information obtained from any regulatory, credit reporting or other similar agencies) For example:
- When you contact us directly through PTLM branches;
- When you contact us directly through PTLM’s website and/or customer service team, for example, upon enquiry of our products and/or services;
- through marketing activities or events, for example exhibitions and/or business card collections via fish bowl method;
- through third parties such as our business partners and/or your agents; through regulatory authorities; and
- through cookies from the use of PTLM’s website.
1.3. Obligatory personal data
All information requested from you is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we would be unable to provide you with the relevant product or services requested for or process the relevant commercial transaction.
2. Purposes for collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal data.
Your personal data is collected and further processed as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- Purchasing a first-hand property;
- Contacting us for an enquiry or complaint;
- Participating in marketing and promotion activities;
- Registering your details with us on our website;
- To process your order to purchase our products and/or services;
- To provide you with the services or information requested;
- To contact you regarding product information, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we feel may interest you;
- To provide you with after-sales services;
- For PTLM’s internal records management;
- To carry out market analysis and research and customer profiling to gauge the market trends;
- To provide you with customer support;
- To ensure that the content of PTLM’s website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device;
- To improve the quality of PTLM’s products and/or services;
- To provide assistance on your financing application in relation to the purchase;
- To operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- For internal investigations, audit or security purposes; and
- To comply with PTLM’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
3. Accuracy and Retention of Personal Data
3.1. PTLM Ventures Sdn. Bhd. has procedures in place to maintain Personal Data at reasonable level or accuracy, completeness and relevancy for the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected.
3.2. The personal data collected will be retained by us for the duration permitted required under the Malaysian law, which may extend to periods after termination of your contractual relationship with us.
3.3. You may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in PTLM’s email blasts / short messaging services (“SMS”) blasts or you may contact PTLM at the details provided in Sec (X) below.
4. Disclosure and Distribution of Personal Data
4.1. We maintain adequate security central system to safeguard the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
4.2. Your personal data provided to us may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties (in or outside Malaysia) as required under the law or pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes or directly related to the purposes stated in Section (2) above:
4.2.1. Entities within PTLM Ventures Sdn. Bhd. (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners);
4.2.2. Our business partners such as insurance companies, banks and financial institutions
4.2.3. Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditor, lawyer, company secretary, service providers, printing company, telecommunications company, contractor, events and training organisers and other advisers)
4.2.4. Law enforcement agencies, government departments, regulatory bodies, courts, tribunals, and/or other authorities as required by law
5.1. Links to other sites
Links to other sites may be provided on PTLM’s website for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement and PTLM do not control, recommend or endorse these sites and PTLM will not be held responsible for these sites or their contents. As such, PTLM encourages you to read the privacy policies of these sites.
5.2. Location enabled products or applications
Location enables products or applications transmit your location information to us. PTLM will not use the information sent or provided by you for any other purposes other than to provide the services you requested. Location enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them. Some mobile applications will utilise Google Analytics (or a similar tool) to help PTLM better serve you through improved products, services and revisions to the mobile applications. The information collected will not allow PTLM to identify you. It may, however, let us know anonymously, the services and products most searched by you within the application as well as device type used and your country of origin.
In processing your information, cookies, which is a text file placed into the memory of your computer, may be used. PTLM is able to use these cookies to identify you. PTLM may be able to collect the following information during your visit to our website and/or the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our site, or alternatively, through your internet protocol ("IP") address:
- The date and time in which you accessed our website;
- The URL of any webpage from which you accessed our website; and
- The web browser which you are using and the pages which you have accessed.
Some websites may require you to provide a limited amount of information in order to obtain the services you requested (i.e. name, email, address, contact number). This personal data will only be used for its intended purpose only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested service.
6. Right to access and correct personal data
By providing to us your personal data, you hereby consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with all of the foregoing. You may at any time hereafter make written inquiries and, upon payment of a prescribed fee, request, in writing, for access to, or correction of, your Personal data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by submitting such request to the Personal Data Protection Officer of PTLM via registered post or email (which must be sent from the email address registered with PTLM) as set below.
PTLM Ventures Sdn Bhd (1088967-W)
B-03-03, Studio Office Suites, Empire Damansara,
No.2, Jalan PJU 8/8A, Damansara Perdana,
47820 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan,