The Definitive New Pulse of Living
Stylish urban living.
Nestled in the pulsating heart of Jalan Cheras, The Locus @ KLCV embodies the best of both worlds – vibrant metropolitan living coupled with sky high exclusivity. Here, the all-encompassing lifestyle unfolds through chic retail and leisure avenues interspersed with refreshing greenscapes and elegant residential spaces. Truly, a new focal point for the modern cosmopolitan.
The Locus @ KLCV is neighbour to some of the city's most eminent landmarks and transit infrastructure. Embrace life within the central pulse, fronted by captivating daily vista of the cityscape, convenience all within 5 kilometres. Getting around is a breeze as its strategic location has excellent accessibility with major city artery roads, interlink highways and infrastructure.
Immerse into a lifestyle of health and relaxation at the rooftop facilities deck overlooking the gorgeous city view. From an invigorating workout at the sky gym, to a soothing dip in the sky pool or a leisurely stroll along the serene atrium garden, life's best moments await.
Bask in the natural daylight and enjoy everyday living fronted by the picturesque Kuala Lumpur skyline. Indulge in the sheer cosiness of a home, complete with classy interiors and sleek finishes. Semi-furnishing of contemporary residence accentuates the open concept spaces catered for versatile inspiration.
Overall Development Concepts
- The development concept is to offer an exclusive low density lifestyle service apartments in the vibrant city living
This development provides the convenience of city living with well connected roads and highways
- Residents will find everything that a city can offer at their doorstep
- Served by 2 MRT stations within 1km radius from the development
- Comes with own retail podium which will be self-managed by the developer that provides maximum convenience to the residents
- The development also comes with landscapes garden together with sky pool and gym facilities.
- A single residential tower at the height of 26 storeys that comes with only 160 units
- There are 10 units per floor that comes 2 passenger lifts and one service lift and the design of the lift core at the middle cut off the long corridor effects
- All the units comes with full height glass facade which allow maximum natural sunlights into the units as well as allow the residents to enjoy unblock view from inside the units
|Name :||The Locus @ KLCV|
|Developer :||Warisan Tradisi Sdn Bhd|
|(a joint venture between DBKL and|
|Brunsfield International Group)|
|Location :||Jalan Cheras, Kuala Lumpur|
|Property Type :||Service Apartment|
|Sch. H of HDA :||Yes|
|Tenure :||Leasehold 99 years|
|Land Area :||approx. 1 acre|
|No. of Blocks :||One block of 26 storeys including 8|
|levels of carpark podium and Ground|
|Floor showroom retail space|
|No. of Units :||160 units|
|No. of Lifts :||2 passenger and 1 service lifts|
|Unit Types :||Type A: 1,033 sf (Dual-key)|
|Type B: 962 sf (Dual-key)|
|Type C: 831 sf (Dual-key)|
|Type D: 552 sf (Studio)|
|Type E: 552 sf (Studio)|
|Type F: 669 sf (1-bedder)|
|Type G: 804 sf (2-bedder)|
|Type H: 805 sf (2-bedder)|
|Type I: 801 sf (2-bedder)|
|Type J: 802 sf (2-bedder)|
|Car Parking Bay :||Provided and allocated per unit|
|Units below 1,000 sf: 1 carpark bay|
|Units above 1,000 sf: 2 carpark bays|
|Total of XX carpark bays|
|Green Rating :||–|
|Price Range :||From RM,000 onwards|
|Price Per Sq Ft :||From RM psf onwards|
|Maintenance :||RM0.33 psf, inclusive sinking fund|
|Completion :||Q3 2018|
Specifications & Features
|Corridor :||Natural ventilation|
|Refuse Chamber :||Refuse chute|
|Ceiling Height :||Floor to floor height - 3.05m (10 ft)|
|Security Tier :||At least 3-tier security provided:|
|(1) At ground level carpark checkpoint|
|(2) Entrance to lift lobby|
|(3) Lift access to resident's unit floor|
|Structure :||Reinforced concrete|
|Wall :||RC wall/brickwork|
|Windows :||Aluminium glass window|
|Entrance Door :||Timber door|
|Wall Finishes :||Plaster and paint|
|Wall tiles full height for all bathrooms|
|Floor Finishes :||- Homogeneous tiles for living, dining, dry|
|and wet kitchen, balcony, all bathrooms,|
|utility/maid room and foyer|
|- Vinyl flooring provided for all bedrooms|
|and study room|
|Sanitary :||Water closet, wash basin with fittings,|
|accessories for all bathrooms and rain|
|Kitchen :||Kitchen cabinet with hob and hood|
|Air Conditioning :||Air-conditioning units provided for|
|living, dining and all bedrooms, except|
|Water Heater :||Hot water system provided for all|
|bathrooms with shower|
|Bathroom :||Shower screen and vanity top provided|
|for all bathrooms with shower|
|Sales Gallery :||The Locus Sales Office|
|No. 2, Jalan 4/93A,|
|Tel / Hotline :||+603-9281 9898|
|Project Website :||www.thelocusklcv.com|
Events & Happenings
A Classical CNY Celebration
Date: Sat-Sun, 20-21 Feb 2016
Venue: The Locus Sales Office
Overlooking the city skyline.
Immerse into a lifestyle of health and relaxation at the rooftop facilities deck overlooking the gorgeous city view. From an invigorating work out at the sky gym, to a soothing dip in the infinity sky pool or a leisurely stroll along the serene atrium garden, life's best moments await.
Level 6: Podium Deck
- BBQ area
Level 25: Rooftop Facilities
- Sky infinity pool (25m)
- Pool deck
- Sky gym
- Sauna room
- Multi-purpose hall
GPS Coordinate: 3.127431,101.722033
The Locus's hoarded site seen along Jalan Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.
Accessibility, Amenities & Infrastructure
- 2.3km to Jalan Sungai Besi
- 4.7km to Bukit Bintang
- 7.2km to KLCC
- Jalan Tun Razak
- Jalan Loke Yew
- Jalan Sungai Besi
- Jalan Chan Sow Lin
- Jalan Pudu
- SMART Highway
- KL-Seremban Expressway
- Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2)
- East-West Link Expressway (Salak Expressway)
- Maju Expressway (MEX)
- Besraya Eastern Extension Highway (BEE)
- 1km to Maluri LRT Station
- 1.4km to Chan Sow Lin LRT Station
- 5km to Hentian Puduraya
- 500m to Cochrane MRT Station, walk across to Sunway Velocity thereafter 100m elevated covered walkway to MRT Station
- 800m to Maluri MRT Station, walk across to Sunway Velocity Mall thereafter 220m elevated covered walkway to MRT Station
- 1 station away to Tun Razak Exchange (TRX), from Cochrane
- 2 stations away to Bukit Bintang, from Cochrane
- 3 stations away to Merdeka, from Cochrane
- 4 stations away to Pasar Seni, from Cochrane
- 5 stations away to KL Sentral, from Cochrane
- At KL Sentral transit hub interchange, take the Express Rail Link (ERL) train 28 minutes to KL International Airport
- Standard area backbone
- Cyberjaya is Malaysia’s designated “Silicon Valley”.
- Working population of over 35,000 IT workers.
- 443 MSC-status companies, including 257 MNCs.
- Several data and call centres positioning Cyberjaya as Malaysia's leading BPO centre.
- Walking distance to regional shopping centre IOI City Mall, Putrajaya.
- Conezión's retail boulevard contains an array of retail mix.
- D’Pulze Shopping Centre in Cyberjaya
- AEON Taman Equine Shopping Centre
School & International School:
- SJK(C) Union (Opening 2017)
- Nexus International School Putrajaya Campus
- ELC International School Cyberjaya Campus
- Australian International School @ The Mines
- Tanarata International School @ Kajang
- Taylor’s International School @ Puchong
- Rafflesia Private and International Schools @ 16 Sierra
- SMK Cyberjaya
University & College:
- Student population of over 43,000 students
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), one of the nation's apex university
- Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
- Perdana University and PU-Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland School of Medicine
- Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Campus in Putrajaya
- Limkokwing University of Creative Technology
- Multimedia University
- Kirkby International College
- Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences (CUCMS)
- Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur (IUKL)
- Another 4 universities being planned, including Open University Malaysia and SEGi University
- Hospital Serdang
- Hospital Putrajaya
- National Cancer Institute Putrajaya
Leisure & Recreational:
- Next to Palm Garden Golf Club & Resort
- 5mins to Cyberjaya Lake Gardens
- 5mins to Putrajaya Lake
- 10mins to Taman Botani Putrajaya
- 10mins to Wetlands Park Putrajaya
- 5mins to Institut Latihan Sultan Ahmad Shah, Kajang
- 10mins to Institut Penilaian Negara, Kajang
- 15mins to Petronas Leadership Centre, Bangi
The Locus @ KLCV
- Click to open image! Click to open image!
- Click to open image! Click to open image!
- Click to open image! Click to open image!
- Click to open image! Click to open image!
- Click to open image! Click to open image!
- Click to open image! Click to open image!
PTLM Guide is a general guideline that could be used by an investor to gauge the concepts and sustainability of any development. The key points are outlined here for easy reference. This enables an investor to evaluate his strategy of investment based on systematic set of criterias.
In this page, we do not publish specific scores achieved by this project for any of these criterias.
A. The Entry Facts
- Location, visibility and environment
The Locus @ KLCV is a standalone low density development located along Jalan Cheras, strategically located just right at the fringe of Kuala Lumpur City Centre. In fact, The Locus is so near to the City Centre that in addition to that, it is only 3.3km away from the hustle and bustle of Bukit Bintang, Malaysia's main tourist attraction area, 5km away from Petronas Twin Towers and the Golden Triangle which comprised of major offices that housed major multi-national companies in Malaysia.
To add on to that, The Locus is merely 2.8km away from the Tun Razak Exchange (TRX), an upcoming 70-acre holistic integrated development which aims to become Malaysia’s largest financial hub. One will not miss The Locus if you travel along Jalan Cheras as this development is located right beside the main road and the opposite it is Sunway Velocity, an integrated mixed-use development that comes with a shopping mall and a medical centre. It is also easily accessible to other parts of town such as Sungai Besi, Pudu, Cheras and Ampang as The Locus is well connected with major access roads.
Currently, the surrounding environment of The Locus mainly consists of residential housing area and with a mixture of several business complexes and retail shops that serve the needs of the local residents. The majority demographic in this area consists of local Malaysians who had live here since the early days before this area was developed. However, the landscape and environment of The Locus is set to change with the upcoming developments such as Sunway Velocity, myTOWN and IKEA Cheras, which are all a stone throw away. Finally, there will be two upcoming MRT stations, the Cochrane and Maluri MRT stations, both of which are located within a 10-minute walk from The Locus - basically, right in the middle between both stations!
- Distance to key locations and growth value of an address
Being located in a matured neighbourhood right next to the ever vibrant Kuala Lumpur City Centre, The Locus @ KLCV is well-served by a wide variety of existing amenities and infrastructures that are easily accessible from its location. For Instance, The Locus @ KLCV is just 1.1km from Aeon Maluri, 1.2km from Ikea Cheras, 2.8km from Berjaya Time Square, 3km away from Royal Selangor Golf Club and Prince Court Medical Centre, One of Malaysia’s most advanced Medical Center in term of equipments and facilities, 3.3km from Pavilion Regional Mall, One of the largest and tourist favored mall in Malaysia, and 5km away from Petronas Twin Towers.
- Concepts, architectural and practicality aspects
The Locus @ KLCV is the latest addition to the 12.9 Acres Kuala Lumpur Cityview development and it is also the only High-End low density lifestyle service apartment within the Kuala Lumpur Cityview development. Designed with the concept of redefining the urban, The Locus @ KLCV offer its proud residents a vibrant metropolitan living together with refreshing greenscapes and elegant residential spaces.Exclusivity and Lifestyle is what the developer would like to offer to its buyers. With only 160 units in a single 26 storey tower, all units are naturally ventilated with linear lanai spaces designed for the unblocked city skyline view. With the built up sizes ranging between 550 sq ft to 1,033 sq ft , the buyers have the option to choose from chic studio unit to a practical 2 bedrooms units or one can also have the option to purchase the unique 2 bedrooms dual keys unit. All units also comes with quality fittings such as built-n kitchen cabinets, quality hob & hood, Built-in wardrobe in the bedrooms as well as air conditional units in the living area and bedrooms.The residents are also being spoilt by the wide range of facilities being offered by The Locus @ KLCV. Comes with 2 facilities decks, the residents can choose to chill and relax on level 6 which comes with landscaped garden, BBQ area, children’s playground, Gazebo and water features or work out in the sky gym or take a dip in the 25 meter sky pool located on level 25 which provide the breathtaking unblock KL City Skyline View ! Besides that, The Locus @ KLCV also comes with a retail podium which will be solely owned and managed by the developer. The developer plans to bring in the right tenant mix such as convenient store, cafe, laundry and others which can provide more convenience and add more value to its residents. The security of the residents of The Locus @ KLCV can be assured as the development comes with state of the art security system which includes 24 hours CCTV surveillance, card access with advanced centralize alarm system, intercom and the panic button.
- Density of development
There are only 160 of residential units in a single 26 storey tower in The Locus @ KLCV. We noted that there are a total of 10 units per floor which in our opinion the floor density is high. The units will be served by 2 high speed passenger lifts and 1 service lift and the waiting time for the lifts are calculated to be acceptable and above the minimum guideline. We like the fact that the lift lobby is located at the central part of each floor which cut off the long corridor effect by breaking it up at the lift core.
- Developer and branding
Brundsfield International Group is a premier global property development, engineering and construction, real estate investment and management group. It is recognised as a progressive and innovative industry leader with a portfolio of catalyst buildings and sustainable world class community development.It’s strength is in their diversified ability to operate as an integrated value chain enterprise that continue to deliver real value added solutions and services to ensure the sustainable success of its clients and stakeholders. Brundsfield International Group is committed to the greatest innovation and creation of the best built environment at work, at home and in the community where people can experience an exceptional quality lifestyle and enjoy the harmony of high quality design technology and eco-friendly sustainable, scalable and replicable environment.The track records of developments by Brundsfield International Group include Kenny Hills Residence @ Bukit Tunku, Brundsfield Residence @ U-Thant, Brundsfield Embassyview, @ Jalan Ampang, Oasis Square @ Oasis Damansara, Brundsfiled Cityview @ Jalan Cheras and also oversea developments such as Serenity Cove @ Gold Coast and Brunsfield North Loop @ Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Price level and price comparison
As of April 2016, The Locus @ KLCV has an averaged published gross price range of RM980psf to RM1,100psf. Majority of its units are priced below the RM700K mark. In conjunction of the soft launch of The Locus @ KLCV, the developer is offering the following marketing strategy:- A low booking fee of RM5,000 per unit- An attractive up-front rebates- Free SPA and Loan Agreement Legal Fees- Free built-in kitchen cabinets, kitchen hob & hood, built-in wardrobe and air-conditional units
- Surrounding commercial, infrastructure, amenities, distance and accessibility
The Locus @ KLCV is located within the district of Cheras surrounded by matured amenities and township which has approximately 120,000 residential properties and approximately 170,000 commercial properties which mainly consist of 2, 3 and 4 storey commercial shops. Within the close vicinity of The Locus @ KLCV, the current notable shopping malls include Ikea Cheras, Aeon Maluri, VivaHomes, Leisure Mall, Berjaya Time Square and Pavillion Shopping Mall. In terms of existing infrastructures and accessibility, The Locus @ KLCV is well served by major roads and highways such as Middle Ring Road 2 (MRR2), Jalan Tun Razak, Jalan Pudu, Jalan Loke Yew, Jalan Chan Show Lin, the Storm Water Management and Road Tunnel (SMART) highway, Kuala Lumpur-Seremban Expressway, New Pantai Expressway and Maju Expressway.
- Existing demographics
The Locus @ KLCV is located in a matured neighborhood of Cheras with the community consist of many middle to middle-high income earners working professionals and business owners. Majority of the people living in Cheras are local Malaysian and are more family oriented.However, we foresee that Cheras will attract more foreigners who are working in the City Center to stay there in near future once the MRT line 1 is completed and starts operation as Cheras will provide a more affordable accommodation options for the foreigners to stay compared to City Center and to get to the City Center is just a few stations away !
- Presence of future catalystic projects
There are a few up coming catalystic developments nearby The Locus @ KLCV which we think will change the economic landscaped and its surrounding environment significantly. Some of the future catalystic are :Sunway VelocityLocated right across The Locus @ KLCV, Sunway Velocity will be a self contained integrated mixed development. Sitting on a 23 acres of prime freehold land, Sunway Velocity comes with 1.4 million sq ft of 7 storey lifestyle shopping mall, hotel, medical centre, residences, boulevard shops, office towers and a 2 acre central park where one can shop, dine, work and unwind.MyTown Shopping CentreLocated approximately 1.2km away from The Locus @ KLCV, MyTown Shopping Centre is sitting on 18 Acres of prime freehold land with approximately 1.1 million sq ft of net lettable area to offer. This 5 levels lifestyle shopping centre has about 460 retail stores, approximately 6,500 car parking bays and it also comes with landscaped park and sunken garden. MyTown Shopping Centre is estimated to have a catchment of over 5 millions visitors from places within 30 minutes drive time.Tun Razak ExchangeLocated just 2.8 away from The Locus @ KLCV, Tun Razak Exchange, one of the strategic enabler of the Malaysian Government’s Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) is one of the exciting catalystic project that everyone is lloking forward to. Spamming over 70 Acres of prime land strategically located at the southern gateway to Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Tun Razak Exchange is set to be Malaysia’s leading financial hub with an estimated Gross Development Value (GDV) of RM40 Billion which offers over 21 million sq ft of total Building Gross Floor Area (GFA) spread across Grade A Office Building, residential, hotel, retail, F&B and cultural offerings.Corchrane MRT Station & Maluri MRT StationThe Locus @ KLCV is withing walking distance to 2 upcoming MRT Stations being the Corchrane MRT station which is just 600 meters away and Maluri MRT station which is 800 meters away.With the completion of MRT Line 1, it will surely enhanced the connectivity of surrounding area of The Locus @ KLCV as the Cochrane MRT station is just 1 station away from Malaysia future financial hub (Tun Razak Exchange), 2 stations away from the ever vibrant tourist favored Bukit Bintang and 5 stations away from Malaysia’s largest integrated transportation hub, KL Sentral !
- Continuity development
The Locus @ KLCV is the final phase of the Kuala Lumpur City View Development.
- Land tenure
Leasehold with the lease expiring in year 2115
- Transit oriented development (if applicable)
The Locus @ KLCV is not a transit oriented development. However, The Locus @ KLCV is only 600 meters away from Cochrance MRT Station and 800 meters away from Maluri MRT Station.
- Integrated retail concept (if applicable)
The Locus @ KLCV is a lifestyle development where it has a retail podium under the service apartment. The retail units are fully retained by the developer as they have a plan to qualify, and select the best tenant mix to best suits its residents.Besides that, directly right opposite The Locus @ KLCV is a huge integrated mix development that consists of approximately 1 million sq ft of Net Lettable Area of retail, entertainment, dining and leisure space over 7 levels.In addition to that, MyTown Shopping Centre and Ikea Cheras with aproximately 1.1 million sq ft of lifestyle shopping space are just 1.2km away. With estimated catchment of more than 5 million potential shoppers from areas within 30 minutes drive time away, MyTown Shopping Centre aim to inject new life and economic activity into the communities of Cheras, Ampang and beyond. Some of the highlights of MyTown Shopping Centre are there will have 13 cinema halls, bowling hub, landscaped park and sunken garden whereas the confirmed tenants are Ikea, Parkson, Golden Screen Cinemas, Village Grocer, Best, Zara, Uniqlo, Mango, Spotlight, Celebrity Fitness, F.O.S, Food Junction, Kids e World, Al-Ikhsan and MPH Bookstore.
- Competitor risk - peer-to-peer product comparison against its vicinity
B. Product Design Buy Factors
- Practical unit layout design
In The Locus, the residential units consist of 10 layouts which are:
- Type A-01: 1,033 sf (2-bedder/dual-key);
- Type B-02: 962 sf (2-bedder/dual-key);
- Type C-03: 831 sf (2-bedder/dual-key);
- Type D-03A: 552 sf (studio);
- Type E-05: 552 sf (studio);
- Type F-06: 669 sf (1-bedder);
- Type G-07: 804 sf (2-bedder);
- Type H-08: 805 sf (2-bedder);
- Type I-09: 801 sf (2-bedder); and
- Type J-10: 802 sf (2 bedder).
The uniqueness of the layout choices are that sizes more than 831 sf will offer dual-key layouts, which can be useful for dual tenancies or extended family living. Besides that, all the sizes offer lanai-styled extended living area with outside view.
- Unit orientation
All residential unit's rooms and living area are positioned to maximise the outside view. Type A and B face Sunway Velocity/Jalan Cheras with Type A having the desirable KLCC/Golden Triangle and Royal Selangor Golf Club views plus the future TRX view. Type C, D, E and F face south-east, which is the AEON Taman Maluri Shopping Centre and Taman Shamelin Perkasa views; while Type G and H face south-west, which is the Viva Home Shopping Mall, Chan Sow Lin and the Maju Expressway views. Type I and J face north-west, which is the Fraser Business Park and inner Pudu views.
In our opinion, the KLCC view for Type A will be most breathtaking however, the units including those on the northern side will face traffic noises on Jalan Cheras. Due to its relatively shorter building, there is a possibility that the future developments in myTOWN area will dominate the nearest skyline hence obstructing some views of KLCC. The view for Type D, E and F will be closest to a Hindu worship place called the Cheras Sri Thohaiyadi Vinayagar Temple.
- Fittings and furnishings (if applicable)
The Locus is being sold as partially-furnished unit with quality built-in fittings and fixtures. The following items are provided:
- Kitchen cabinet including hob and hood;
- Split-unit air-conditioning units for living and all bedrooms;
- Full height wardrobes for all bedrooms; and
- Security alarm system with panic buttons and direct intercom.
- Sufficiency of parking bay and carpark allocation
The Locus has 160 units only and every unit is allocated with at least 1 carpark bay for unit sizes below 1,000 sf and 2 carpark bays for unit sizes above 1,000 sf. There are a total of 7 levels of carpark from Level 1 to Level 8, with a direct ramp from the Ground to Level 1 at the rear of the retail space area. The retail space area will be used as a standalone automobile showroom hence it will not be designed to bring crowd to the development. Overall, the development adequately fulfills its carpark requirements despite its small footprint.
- Design of corridor, corridor spaces and ventilation
The residential corridors are naturally-ventilated. There are 10 units per floor, with all 10 units lined up in a circular form with the single long air-well void located at the northern side of the building. The centre core of the building will contain the three lifts and an emergency staircase. We noted that the centre core will be enclosed with two doors and therefore it will be mechanical-ventilated or air-conditioned. There will be a corridor break between Type B and C, and between Type E and F to allow ventilation and natural sunlight to punch through. In total, there are two emergency staircases.
- Availability of proper refuse area
The refuse chute is located with inward facing at the corridor break next to Type J. We noted that the rubbish disposal will need to be brought into the enclosed lift area. Service crew will perform rubbish collection and maintain the cleanliness of the refuse chute as well as the service lift at all times.
- Variety of facilities, green and open spaces
- Example: For families, children-friendly facilities are to be considered
There are two facilities deck at The Locus, one on Level 6 and another at sky rooftop on Level 25. The children's playground, BBQ area, a water fountain and a relaxation cabana and gazebo will cater to passive activities at the rooftop of the carpark podium on Level 6. The sky rooftop will offer a 25m infinity lap pool that overlooks the KLCC skyline. Alongside the pool will be a sky gymnasium, a sky garden, a male and female sauna room and a multi-purpose hall for community gathering.
- Reasonability of maintenance fees based on offered facilities over density
The proposed maintenance charge for The Locus is RM0.33 psf, inclusive of sinking fund. This amount is fairly reasonable for a service apartment development close to the city centre vicinity (now mostly more than RM0.40 psf) and when completed in 3 years time. The maintenance fee is inclusive of all in-house amenities for residents. Likewise in most service apartments, the future management body has the discretion to decide on the usage of room-based facilities and/or whether they will be separately charged.
- Impressive and modern façade
The Locus has a rather conventional façade as all its units come with a balcony or lanai area. Type A units feature a full height quarter-sphere glass curtain wall to maximise its views towards KLCC/Golden Triangle, the Royal Selangor Golf Club and the future TRX. Its carpark levels will feature strips of green wall bringing it a resort-like soothing feeling. Its rooftop comprise of a large crown roof enhanced with triple height columns that support the roof. The roof will be lighted at night and form a beacon-like statement to this development. Besides that, all its units will feature full-height glass windows and glass slide doors that open up to the lanai area. The lanai area for the units on the northern side will feature tampered glass barrier while the units on the southern side will feature traditional brick balcony.
- Entrance statement, guardhouse, drop-off area and lift lobby
There will be a dedicated drop-off lobby with covered roof protruding to the road. It is located next to the retail space serving the residential block. Vehicles will be able to drop-off conveniently as vehicle traffic is a circular flow around the building and is separated from the retail space main entrance. The main entrance will be located off Jalan Cheras to prevent traffic from building up on the main road. The entrance statement is greeted by a water fountain at the retail space main entrance and since the main entrance is a dual traffic flow, residents could turn to drop-off lobby or go up the ramp directly entering Level 1 carpark.
- Security features and privacy design
Despite being a service apartment development, a full 3-tier security will be provided to all residents based on keycard access system: (1) Ground level boom gate for vehicles; and (2) Keycard access to entrance of lift lobby; and (3) Lift requiring keycard access to resident's unit floor. Associated security features include: (1) 24/7 guarding and patrol; (2) Security alarm system for every unit with panic button; (3) Direct intercom and CCTV surveillance.
- Other unique features (if applicable)
There is a private atrium garden for selected units at the lowest residential floor - Level 9. This is where the central air-well void rises upwards. Besides that, a Brunsfield signature water fountain is located at Level 6 reflecting a lifestyle statement.
- Green rating or greening features (if applicable)
No GBI rating applicable. However, The Locus is designed with adequate landscaping at both its facility levels and at the ground main entrance area along Jalan Cheras.
C. Strategic Investment Process
- Equip with property market and personal finance knowledge.
- Identify your niche by studying close-by competing, similar and future products.
- Benchmark against competing product prices on PSF basis.
- Study potential commercial viability and retail catchment (for mixed development).
- Survey the level of occupancy in the neighbourhood.
- Survey existing demographic and resident profile in the vicinity.
Example: Close proximity to education hub may bring new demand year after year.
- Survey the current rental and subsale price from nearest comparison today.
- Forecasting by making estimated future rental assumption.
D. The Exit Strategy
- Ensuring personal finance capability to maintain the property for minimum of 5 years.
- Ensuring personal finance capability for renovation and value-added activities that will help to mitigate risk factors.
- Perform calculation of estimated rental yield for first year of occupancy.
- Forecasting by making estimated future subsale price.
- Determine profit from investment after settling outstanding loan amount.